Why Appoint Us?
Ferguson Broadbent is a specialist firm of RICS regulated Chartered Surveyors working exclusively in the rural and agricultural communities across the UK. The detailed knowledge we have accrued through pursuing compensation claims against public bodies and utility companies compliments our valuation expertise in land and property related matters. This can make a significant difference to the outcome of claims, land & property sales and rent disputes.
We know the strength of your position when utility companies negotiate for access rights, the sighting of new pipelines, electricity poles etc. Ferguson Broadbent’s experienced Chartered Surveyors have the confidence to ask for and justify high value claims which take into account all relevant factors that some claimants might not even think of. The added benefit is that we will ensure that our reasonable costs are paid for by the other side, over and above the value of any settlement agreed. So our expertise costs our clients’ nothing under such circumstances.
Talk to us if you need expert surveying guidance related to these circumstances:
- Compulsory Purchase and Land Compensation – especially in respect of electricity apparatus,
- Highway scheme and utility access
- Planning and Development Consultancy Advice
- Property Sales, Acquisition and General Advice
- Non-Domestic Business Rate Reviews and Maximising Reliefs Available
- Landlord and Tenant – Agricultural, Residential and Commercial
- Valuations – probate, estate planning, inter family transfer, insurance claims and compensation
- Agricultural – rent reviews, diversification, planning, rating issues, compensation (due to access, highway schemes, pylons or incident), insurance claim handling, succession or negotiating new tenancy agreements
- Wind Farms, Solar Parks, Geo-thermal energy – either for domestic electricity generation or hosting a commercial multi-million pound commercial energy park; we have the expertise to advise you and decide whether either option is viable for you.
When it comes to compensation claims relating to power lines situated on your property or adjoining land, in simple terms you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by seeking our ‘no-win, no-fee’ expertise.
Ferguson Broadbent has a well earned reputation amongst our land and property owning clients who repeatedly call upon our services. You may have a retained land agent or solicitor who has dealt with property related matters in the past but you should be aware that these matters require a clear understanding of the valuation processes and precedents in place. We are happy to work alongside your retained agent to ensure the best result for you, without any potential embarrassment towards your usual representative(s). It is a valuations exercise first and foremost – not a legal process.
You should seek clarification from any consultants you deal with that they have the skills, knowledge and experience of negotiating with third parties well versed in what constitutes a fair settlement, based on case precedents and acceptable terms. You may well conclude that our in depth knowledge can add real value and secure a better outcome all round.
For your peace of mind we are happy to answer any query you may have about our Terms of Business and discuss the successes we have achieved with satisfied clients over the years.
- we are specialist land, property and compensation specialists working in the rural and agricultural communities regulated by RICS
- our successes to date and the resultant awareness of settlement precedents is invaluable
- our expertise will significantly enhance the level of compensation you will receive compared to settlements negotiated by agencies with less experience
- we charge less than any similarly qualified agent.